Video Email Marketing – Why It Is So Important
Here is something that most companies can do, email marketing, and add video marketing to that. Marketing must be engaging, and video is a key element to engagement with your clients. We have compiled this article to give you a broad perspective of how effective your marketing can become by adding a video.
It’s A Perfect Match:
Video and email go together like ketchup and eggs. Some people love it, while others are a bit confused by the concept. Personally, I’m a fan—of both! Adding a little acidity from the tomato-based ketchup to a nice scramble hits the spot every time, but I can understand the controversy. Ketchup is traditionally paired with burgers and fries, so grabbing that squeeze bottle for breakfast breaks up that routine. If you’re looking to get out of your everyday marketing routine and spice things up, exploring the use of video outside of YouTube channels and social platforms may be the way to do just that.
We all know how effective and captivating video is in marketing. According to HubSpot, 87% of businesses use video as a marketing tool in some capacity. If you are one of those marketers who has played it safe with video keeping your content limited to website landing pages and social platforms, it’s time to marry these two beautiful marketing tools.
Video email marketing does not necessarily mean that your email receivers will be playing videos without leaving their inboxes. In fact, marketers often use video email marketing in the capacity of linking a video thumbnail image within an email to a landing page where the video lives.
“Due to spam and security reasons, embedded videos are not supported in email across most major email clients,” says HubSpot.
The other thing to consider if you are trying to go the technical route of embedding a video directly into your email is that it might not work for all email receivers and could default to your fallback image (assuming you have one set-up). To be safe, it’s easy and effective to create a video thumbnail image, paste that into your email, and link the entire image to a landing page where your video lives.
Benefits of Video in Email
Video gives you the best possible chance of breaking through to your audience. It makes complex topics simple, and audiences crave it, which builds a connection that fosters long-term loyalty. Video in email captures people’s imagination in a way that text just can’t—especially in B2B, where buyers want to see interesting things, but all too often, don’t.
- Increase opens: The word “Video” can increase opens 19%
- Increase clicks: Video thumbnails can increase clicks by 50%
- Increase revenue: 64% of consumers are more likely to buy after seeing a video, and 65% of executives will visit your site
- Cut costs: Videos can lower your cost per lead 19%
- Improve SEO: Video in email increases site traffic, which can have an impact on SEO, and clicks—video users get 41% more search traffic than non-users
That’s not all, either: Email marketing helps you build a library of videos that you can reuse over and over to achieve a similar lift across social media and your website.
Why Use Videos in Email Marketing?
If you’re not yet convinced, check out these six key benefits of video in email marketing for your business.
The effect of video on conversion and click-through rates in your emails is impressive.
Take a moment to consider these statistics:
- An email including a video can increase your email click-through rate by up to 300%
- An email including a video can reduce your unsubscribe rate by 75%
- Emails including a video have been found to have a 96% higher click-through rate than those without
If you had any doubts that video is an important part of your marketing arsenal, those stats should squash them.
Remarkably, studies have found that just including the word “video” is enough to increase email open rates — by a whopping 7% to 13%.
Because people are naturally curious.
As well as simply conveying the core message of the email, adding “video” to the subject line piques a reader’s interest, compelling them to open the email.
Simply put, they want to know what’s in the video.
Using videos is a great way to build trust and to establish a connection with your audience.
It puts a face and a personality to your brand, allowing your audience to feel for the person or team it is dealing with.
You can establish trust by sharing tips, insight into your business operations, or just fun videos to build rapport. It’s also a great way to warm up your audience to a product or service.
To build trust using videos, consider implementing the following tips:
- Have the same person present the videos consistently: Over time, your audience will start to feel like they know that person. This helps to establish a personal connection to and trust your brand.
- Create useful and free video content for your target audience: You’re perceived as a credible and authoritative expert in your industry, which builds deeper trust and creates a (future) desire to pay for your expertise.
- Create videos that show positive and negative brand experiences: Consider using personal stories or a sneak peek of your office. Be genuine and human, and you’ll earn people’s respect and trust.
A huge bonus of using video email marketing is its indirect effect on your search engine rankings.
Videos that are engaging are highly likely to be shared on social media. In fact, videos generate 12 times more social shares than both text and images.
The Benefits of Video Email Marketing
Video emails stand out from other email communication. The advantage of sending video emails is that it hooks the viewers and speeds engagement with them. Below are additional benefits of video email marketing:
- Gets Across Easily – Videos are significant for your marketing plans as they draw the attention of viewers. Subscribers find them more interesting and active in comparison to plain text. Therefore, a video email is likely to make more impact on viewers.
- Time-Saving – Video emailing saves the time of both senders and receivers. It gives information on a product or service in less time and makes complex subjects easy to understand.
- Penetrating Marketing Tool – Videos can go viral quickly and have an impressive way of saying things and delivering messages. Viewers respond more positively to a product after watching its video.
- SEO Rejoice – The super benefit of video email marketing is improved Google search ranking. We all know an online video can become popular and draw more attention. It can lead to more sharing on social media and, therefore, more of a boost to the brand.
Every marketing plan needs a boost, and videos can be that needed boost to create a wider and sustained boost. If you have any questions or need assistance in creating your first video email marketing campaign, please call RapidPage.ca today.
RapidPage.ca has compiled this article, and all of the reference links are below.