Top Search Engine Ranking Position Tools
We have compiled this list of articles for you to review regarding SERP (Search Engine Rank Position) tools. We utilize SERPRobot, it is a fantastic, cost-effective tool, but all of the tools listed here will have their own features that you need to test out and see which tool works best.
How do you check your Google page rankings? Typing your keyword into Google, counting the results, and then adding your position to a spreadsheet?
Not exactly ideal, especially if you want to track a larger number of keywords.
That’s what SERP trackers are made for. You enter all the keywords you want to monitor, and the tool tracks them for you. SERP, by the way, stands for Search Engine Results Page.
At WebsiteToolTester, we have been using several of them: SE Ranking, AccuRanker, Morningscore, and Serpstat. In the past, we also used ProRankTracker. Even though writing this blog post will probably take me around 10 hours, it has actually been in the making for several years. 🙂
For that reason, I thought it would be helpful for many people just like you if I wrote down what I like and dislike about these online SERP keyword trackers. And as rank tracking isn’t cheap, we’ll also take a look at prices and check out the best deals you can get.
1. SE Ranking
This Ukrainian company offers a SERP tracking tool at affordable rates. If 250 keywords are enough and you are fine with weekly updates, you can go as low as $23.40 per month with SE Ranking. But what does it offer?
Quite a lot, actually.
Alongside the rank tracker, you get a whole host of tools: website audit, backlink monitoring & checking, and it also creates a marketing plan for you. A feature I like is that, as well as Google rankings (obviously), you can even track YouTube rankings, along with Bing, Yandex, and Yahoo. They claim to have 300,000 customers, making them one of the biggest SEO tools out there.
- 250 keywords: $39 (daily updates), $31.20 (every 3 days), $23.40 (weekly)
- 500 keywords: $54 (daily updates), $43.20 (every 3 days), $32.40 (weekly)
- 1000 keywords: $89 (daily updates), $71.20 (every 3 days), $53.40 (weekly)
- Monthly plans. Discounts of up to 20% for annual plans.
AccuRanker (affiliate) is a standalone SERP tracking tool used by SEO agencies and consultants to track rankings, monitor the competition, tie movements back to the traffic and conversions with the fastest and most accurate SERP data.
AccuRanker has all the typical SERP tracking features, but it stands out from most other tools, as you can:
- Run accurate on-demand updates of ranking data.
- Assess market performance with its Share of Voice (SoV) metric.
- Track rankings across all major search engines, including Google, Bing, YouTube, Baidu, and Yandex.
- Track 50+ SERP features available for all of your keywords with the aggregated SERP analysis.
- View historical rank performance (most give a point in time snapshot).
- Integrate with third-party software to allow you to bring traffic, goal, and revenue data into your ranking reports, and then visualize it beautifully in native reports or tools like Google Data Studio.
Who is it for?
Agencies, SEO professionals, enterprise businesses, and brands need the most up-to-date and accurate ranking data, competitor monitoring, SERP analysis, and API access across all locations, devices, and major search engines.
- AccuRanker has a range of subscription plans (aff) based on the number of keywords you want to monitor, starting at $109/month.
3. SERP Checker
SERP Checker can be described as a competitive analysis tool. It will give you information about your competitor’s SERP position via more than 49 different metrics, including SEO competition score and competitiveness rank. It allows you to see your competition’s strengths and weaknesses quickly, and your team can use the information to achieve better rankings for your business.
Anyone familiar with KWFinder will find this interface familiar. It’s effortless to use. For example, with one click, you can see how the site being analyzed looks when it appears in Google’s SERP.
One of the great features of this particular SERP analysis tool is that it can provide information on how a site performs differently depending on whether it is viewed on a desktop computer or a mobile device. You can also choose from countries, states, or cities so that you can see local Google SERP results. This additional flexibility is beneficial, considering the importance of both local SEO and mobile search.
Other top features to look out for are:
- SEO Competition score (or SEO competitiveness rank) – With this analysis tool, it’s easy to evaluate organic search results without delay. A user-friendly interface will suggest your competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, telling you how difficult it might be to rank for a particular keyword or keyphrase based on the existing page one search results.
- Managing Metrics – it’s easy to choose from a wide range of metrics and focus on those that matter most to you. Using the power of Moz, your team can analyze an array of metrics, including domain authority, page authority, and trust. Using data from Majestic, you can see the likelihood of a URL being influential based on how many sites are linking to it and perceived trust, based on a site’s links to ‘trusted seed sites.’ Users can also evaluate social metrics, which comprise the number of Facebook shares and the number of pluses on Google+.
4. SERP Robot
SERP checkers like SERP Robot help you as you aim to improve your ranking and do better than your competitors. This free tool will quickly gauge your place in the search engines and find out who is sitting at the top spot. The results are accurate and structured, and you will get a real-time list showing your SERPs when you run this SERP checker.
You can also check out how your competitors are doing and understand their results for free with access to thousands of useful keywords. You can check ranking between 0-100, and as with most free SERP checkers, it will merely show you “above 100”.
- You can cross-check your SERP results for free.
- This SERP checker will let you test your SERPs for an unlimited amount of time.
- Accurate results, and it does use real-time information for Google and other search engines.
- Track your competitors with the SERP checker and understand what they are doing, so you can model this and do better.
ProRankTracker is another dedicated search engine position tracker developed to serve both standard & medium-sized enterprises and even individuals like you to analyze and get a clear picture of your rankings.
I like ProRankTracker because it provides you with the best reporting options to analyze your success and report to your clients.
This is done through:
Comparison reports: helps you compare URLs’ rankings you’re tracking of search engines either by location or by the device.
This feature will allow you to analyze multiple URLs side-by-side, giving you real-time insights about how they’re doing.
You’ll see the importance of this feature if you have several websites and you want to analyze the progress of your marketing strategy on all sites.
Progress reports: these reports allow you to view and analyze your progress or performance in rankings over a span of months, weeks, or days.
API access is another mouthwatering feature I liked about ProRankTracker.
This can be helpful when you want to seamlessly integrate your marketing and tracking system into exclusive apps like Dropbox and Google Drive for more in-depth custom abilities.
Local and mobile tracking is an essential feature of any SERP tracking tool this decade.
This will give you access to immeasurable analytical statistics from local and mobile-optimized web pages. This information is important for small business owners who want to overview how they’re performing online compared to competitors in their local industry.
- ProRankTracker has the highest accurate algorithm for the most accurate and up-to-date SERP ranking stats.
- It provides tracking SERP positions for major search engines like Bing, Yahoo, Google, and YouTube.
- It has a competitor comparison feature that allows you to analyze your competitors’ performance.
- You’ll be happy to use the eCommerce site tracking feature to track Amazon products.
- Unlike SEMrush, which charges an extra fee for additional users, ProRankTracker allows you to add multiple users to your account for free.
- It has a tracking engine for monitoring both Desktop and Mobile devices.
- Also, you can customize the reports with the help of templates. Also, you can use the white label functionality on reports.
- It provides for both local, international, and global SERP tracking.
- ProRankTracker is a premium tool, but when it comes to pricing, it is the real deal. It has a basic plan starting at $25 per month.
- You get a 7-days free trial: no credit card needed during sign up. Also, you get a 10% discount for an annual subscription.
- ProRankTracker has 5 pricing plans as below:
- Basic ($25 per month): With the basic plan, you’ll be given 200 search terms with unlimited URLs. However, you can only do a site audit for one website on 20000 pages.
- Starter ($49 per month): Subscribing to this plan means that you get 500 terms, unlimited URLs, 10 site-audit sites, and 200000 site-audit pages.
- Standard ($89 per month): In this plan, you’re guaranteed access to 1000 terms and unlimited URLs. 20 site-audit sites and 500000 site-audit pages.
- Additionally, you’ll have 2 chances to create 2 sub-accounts with different access permissions and receive updates when you demand.
- Advanced ($129 per month): The Advanced plan has all the standard plan features.
- The only difference is that you’ll be given 2000 terms, 40 site-audit sites with 1M site-audit pages. Again, you can create up to 4 sub-accounts for other team members.
- Business ($180 per month): This plan guarantees all the features that ProRankTracker offers. You’ll be allowed up to 3000 terms per month.
- However, you can increase the number of terms in case 3000 terms seem lower to you. Additional fees will be incurred if you increase the number of terms.
- Again, you’ll be able to conduct site audits for 60 websites on 1.5M pages. Two additional features included are API access and an accounts manager to help you out.
Article compiled by RapidPage.ca, if you need assistance with the selection of a SERP tool or assistance with your Search Engine Optimization, do not hesitate to call RapidPage today.
- https://www.websitetooltester.com/en/blog/best-serp-tracking/ ↑
- https://www.websitetooltester.com/en/blog/best-serp-tracking/ ↑
- https://www.robbierichards.com/seo/best-serp-tracking-tools/ ↑
- https://bloghands.com/blog/5-serp-analysis-tools-that-help-you-get-on-page-one ↑
- https://bloggingtips.com/best-free-serp-checker-tools/ ↑
- https://bloggingx.com/best-serp-tracking-tools/ ↑