Social Bookmarking, and
Top WordPress Social Sharing Plugins
With the need for marketing, every blog must take advantage of sharing options. We all know Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Instagram. However, are you taking full advantage of the power of sharing your pages by using Social Bookmarking? We have compiled this list of tremendous resources on the subject and provide a full list of top WordPress social sharing plugins.
By incorporating social bookmarking and sharing buttons, you will give your readers the ability to quickly share your blog posts on their favorite social networking sites.
Doing so will help you drive more traffic from social media sites, which will, in turn, also help improve your search engine ranking.
Huge benefits with little effort. Isn’t that great?
Remember, “less is the new more, “so only add those social sharing buttons usefully. I would recommend adding at least the essential ones to start with – the Facebook share, WhatsApp share, Twitter share, and Pinterest “pin” buttons.
Depending on your blog’s demographics, you can also consider using additional buttons such as LinkedIn, Reddit, Telegram, etc., but this should be done carefully so that you don’t overload your blog with unnecessary social share buttons.
There are many WordPress social media plugins out there, but I have listed below the best plugins for you to start using today.
1. Social Snap
1.WordPress Social Sharing Plugin – Sassy Social Share
Sassy Social Share enables your website users to share the content over Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Whatsapp, Tumblr, Pinterest, Reddit, and over 100 more social sharing and bookmarking services.
This is the Simplest and Smoothest Social Sharing plugin with optimized and great looking vector icons.
Note: Plugin will not work on a local server. You should have an online website for the plugin to function properly.
This plugin does not save any cookie in the user’s browser visiting the website having this plugin installed.
- GDPR Compliant
- Compatible with Gutenberg editor
- Compatible with myCRED (append myCRED referral ID at the end of the URL being shared)
- Around 100 Social Sharing/Bookmarking services
- Social Media follow icons (Redirect website visitors to your Social Media pages)
- Share counts are supported for Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Buffer, Reddit, Pinterest, Odnoklassniki, Fintel, and Vkontakte.
- FREE Icon Customization options
- Options to specify sharing icon shape – Square, Round, and Rectangular
- Options to specify sharing icon size – minimum 16 pixels, no upper limit
- Options to specify sharing icon background color and logo color
- Share counter customization options
- Enable share count cache with the option to control cache refresh time-frame
- Enable/Disable vertical/floating sharing interface on a mobile device
- Url Shortening Service integration
- Standard and Floating layout for Social Share icons
- Customizable Target Url for Social Sharing
- Rearrange Order of Social Share icons
- Specify Position of Social Sharing Bar concerning content – Top and Bottom
- Enable/Disable Social Sharing on default/custom post types
- Enable/Disable Social Sharing on individual pages/posts
- Enable/Disable total/individual social share count(s)
- Mobile Responsiveness
- Compatible with AMP
- Enable Social Sharing at WooCommerce products
- Official Like Buttons (Facebook Like, Twitter Tweet, Pinterest Save, etc.)
- Widgets and Shortcodes
- Compatible with BuddyPress, BBPress, WooCommerce
- Multisite Compatible
- Supports HTTPS-enabled websites
- 24/7 quickest support
- Free: Yea, right. It is a free plugin. You need not pay a single penny to use the features of this plugin.
- No Need to Register Anywhere: You do not need to create an account at our website to use this plugin.
- No Middle Layer: Plugin runs totally on your website server without any communication to our servers.
- Absolutely Simple: Plugin configuration is kept dead simple. Screenshots are provided with options wherever required.
- Free Icon Customization: Icons can be customized in thousands of ways using the plugin options for FREE.
- Mobile Responsiveness: Icons can be adjusted according to the mobile device’s width, using the plugin options.
- Perfect Vector (SVG) Icons: Social Share icons are Scalable Vector Graphics, meaning these load fast, scalable to any size, and are stunning on High-PPI screens (Retina and Retina HD displays).
- Optimal Loading time: The loading time of Social Sharing icons is optimal, and if you compare with other plugins, you will find it less than that of all those plugins.
- Lightweight Code: Our developers follow best coding practices to ensure efficient loading and performance.
- We promise to provide the best quality, among other similar plugins. If you find our plugin lacks some features, you can email us, and we will do our best to include that feature in our plugin as soon as possible.
- Our support team is working 24/7 to answer your queries and assist you. You will find us the quickest to respond.
2. Crunchy Sharing (Fastest Social Sharing WordPress Plugin) https://pro.crunchify.com/crunchy-sharing/?track=3
Shared Counts is a WordPress social media share buttons plugin. Sharing buttons increase traffic and engagement by helping readers share your posts and pages to their friends on social media.
- Facebook Share Button
- Pinterest Pin Button
- Yummly Button
- Twitter Tweet Button (using the third-party Twitcount.com API)
- Email Sharing (with reCAPTCHA support to prevent abuse)
- Share Count Total
- Print Button
- LinkedIn Share Button
- Facebook, Pinterest, Yummly, and Twitter buttons support social count display and tracking.
We include many share button styling options so that you can pick the perfect look for your site. Additionally, you can automatically insert the share buttons before and/or after the post content. Want granular or manual control? No problem! You can also use the [shared_counts] shortcode to insert them inside your content as you see fit.
We provide a one-click option to retrieve both HTTP and HTTPS share counts, ensuring you don’t lose your share counts when upgrading your HTTPS website.
Shared Counts were created with site performance in mind, even on a large scale. It is used on several large websites that get tens of millions of page views each month. Our unique and creative caching methods have a minimal effect on on-site overhead. Leveraging the SharedCount.com API, we can retrieve (almost) all share counts in a single request.
Additionally, Shared Counts was built to be developer-friendly! We provide very liberal usage of hooks and filters. Everything is customizable, and the possibilities are near limitless. Unlike other plugins, all data (counts) are stored and cached in post_meta, making it easy to access for extending (e.g., fetch top 10 most shared posts on your site). We have extensive documentation on our website, and we’re also on GitHub.
§ Shared Counts – Pinterest Image – Upload a separate image for Pinterest sharing
§ Shared Counts – Cache Status – Build and check the status of the Shared Counts cache
4. Social Snap: https://bloggingwizard.com/go/socialsnap/
Social Snap has a limited free version at WordPress.org, but many of the features I’ll mention below are only available in the paid versions.
Let’s start with the basics – social sharing. Social Snap lets you include buttons for 30+ social networks in a variety of spots. Beyond classic placement options like inline buttons and a floating sidebar, you also get unique options like a “share hub” or “sticky bar.”
You can choose between various button shapes, sizes, and colors. And Social Snap also supports both total and individual share counts, as well as the ability to set minimum share counts and recover old share counts if you switched domains or moved to HTTPS.
You can also edit your social media metadata to control how your content looks when shared and view in-dashboard analytics to see how often your content is being shared and your best-performing content.
And Social Snap supports vertical Pinterest images – a great way to get more shares. So, if you’re looking for a Social Warfare alternative, this is the plugin for you. There’s even a built-in migration tool.
Now that’s the basic sharing functionality, but Social Snap can also go a lot further…if you want it to. You also get access to features like:
- Click to Tweet boxes – Quickly add these boxes to your content to drive more shares and traffic.
- Social media auto-poster – Automatically share new (or old) posts to your social media profiles.
- Boost old posts – Re-shares your older content to Twitter and LinkedIn to give it a new lease of life.
- Social login – Allows your visitors to log in to your site via social networks (useful if you run a membership site).
- Device targeting – I almost missed this feature. You can choose certain networks to only display on a desktop, while others will only display on mobile. For example, I use an email button on the desktop, but mobile visitors will see WhatsApp instead. Cool right?!
Price: Paid version starts at $39. The paid version with all add-ons starts at $99.
5. WP Social Bookmarking Lighthttps://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-social-bookmarking-light/
This plugin inserts social share links at the top or bottom of each post.
For theme developers, social share links can be added by PHP code or by using a shortcode. Check documentation for this use-case.
This plugin documentation can be found here.
This is the list of used social sites:
- Facebook Like Button
- Facebook Share Button
- Facebook Send Button
- Google Bookmark
- Google +1
- Mixi Check
- Mixi Like
- GREE Social Feedback
- atode (to read)
It’s never too late to market your website. The cost of website advertising is NOT inexpensive, so why not look at Social Bookmarking and the plugins listed above.
Should you need help finding or installing the best Social Sharing Plugin for your WordPress site, give RapidPage a call today.
Written by RapidPage.ca