CRM – Are Your Contacts Up-To-Date?
Whether you use CRM software or not, your contacts are the lifeline to your business.
Here are some questions for you to consider:
- When was the last time you looked through your contacts list?
- Who have you called/contacted within the past 30 days?
- Who have you not reached-out to over 90 days?
- Do you have a valid email address for each client?
- Do you have a valid mobile number for each client?
When you answer any or all of the above questions, you may want to look at your contact list differently.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Which clients would you classify are in the top 20%?
- If you haven’t contacted someone in 6 months, why do you have them in your contacts list?
- How many calls can you make each month?
Things That You Need For Each Contact:
- Business Name
- Phone, Email, Website, Social Media Contacts
- Buying History
- Payment History
- When was the last time you contacted them?
- Meeting/Call Notes.
- Meetings/Call History
- When is the next date to follow up?
- Outstanding Quotes/Deals?
Tips To Assist Managing Your Client Data:
- Each time you visit your client, make sure that you ask them if their information has changed – phone, email, etc.
- Regularly filter out clients that you have not called in longer than six months.
- Send out an email blast to all of your clients every three months and review the bounce list to see which client’s email has changed. Then you can determine to call them or remove them from your list.
- Consider sending a postcard to any clients you haven’t spoken to recently and see if you get the mail back as undeliverable, or more importantly, you get a phone call.
- Lastly, make a phone call to see if the contact is still valid. If nothing else, you know that you can remove it, and more positively, it may turn into a new lead.
Things To Consider:
- Keep your contacts up to date.
- Work on the 80/20 rule
- Prune the contact list, make it an active roster rather than just a list of names.
- Spend more time on fewer clients rather than less time on more clients.
- Put a $ value on each client and nurture the highest value clients first.
- Consider using CRM software!
If you have any questions regarding building and maintaining your client list, call us at RapidPage.ca today.