Email marketing, unfortunately, has garnered a bad reputation and is too often associated with SPAM. Our lives and time are constantly being eroded by having to manage an inbox that is bloated with trivial, non-essential and often useless emails from both legitimate and not so legit businesses or individuals trying to tell / sell us something.
What is SPAM?
“Canada’s anti-spam legislation (CASL) came into effect July 1, 2014. It is in place to protect Canadians while ensuring that businesses can continue to compete in the global marketplace.If you use electronic channels to promote or market your organization, products or services, Canada’s new anti-spam law may affect you.”
Further information about CASL can also be found here: http://www.crtc.gc.ca/
So, What Is Email Marketing?
Here are some email marketing ideas:
- Put a marketing message (picture and/or text with a link) in your email footer.
- With this approach every time you email or reply to someone they will receive your ‘marketing’ message. If all of your staff are doing this (with a corporate standard email footer) then this increases your marketing reach exponentially because your message goes out every time an email is sent.
- Using tools such as WiseStamp, email signatures can even have ‘dynamic’ content such as recent Twitter posts, recent Facebook posts, etc. This way, fresh corporate updates are getting to everyone that is receiving your email.
- Add a marketing message onto your social media sites.
- Most people will then receive an email message about ‘recent activity’ and if they are actively following your social media sites, this email will contain the message you put onto your social media site.
- Get your suppliers or resellers to include your marketing message/materials when they contact their customers.
- Include marketing materials (flyer, brochure, coupons, etc) when you:
- Respond to enquiries from your website
- Send invoices or quotes to customers
The bottom line is that with Email Marketing you…
- Stay connected with your clients
- You can Cross Sell Your Products
- You can Vertically Sell to Clients
- Selling to Existing clients is much easier than trying to sell to new clients!
written by RapidPage