As noted in a previous blog, using Google Adwords is a very effective way of advertising to your customers on the Web. You can target your customers specifically by words they are using when searching via Google.
Other effective tools include:
- Internet Directory Listing ServicesPut ads or URL Links onto your partner’s website or other websites that would like to co-operate with or who you have reciprocal business with.
- Reciprocal advertising/marketing (more info here)
- Put ads or URL Links onto your partner’s website or other websites that would like to co-operate with or who you have reciprocal business with.
- Local business directories
- An example in Ontario, Canada is “Around Ontario“
- Kijiji Canada
- Profile Canada
- Cylex Canada
- CTI Directory
- Canadian Business Directory
- and more…
- The websites of local Newspapers, Magazines or Associations. Examples:
- Local markets
Generally, the best strategy for deciding where to advertise is to do some Internet searches for topics, ideas, products and services offered (or in competition) with your business. See what companies or websites show up (especially what Google Ads show up if you are using Google) and then decide if these businesses could also advertise for you (or it may give you ideas on other adwords or places you should be advertising).